This is a new segment I want to incorporate called B.L.O.O.M, which stands for Beauty, Literature, Obsessions, Outfits, and Music.
- The beauty products I’ve been loving:
- The Clinique Stick Sculpting Hightlight is a lightweight, creamy product. The consistency allows you to blend the product in without losing all the shimmer. The glow is beautiful and it lasts for the whole day! It costs $23, and is totally worth it.
- Benefit’s Hoola Matte Bronzer is perfect in the travel size. The product is $15 and comes with an applicator. I don’t go all out with my highlight and contour, but this bronzer helps add that sun-kissed color to your face!
2. My favorite literature at the moment:
- This Modern Love by Will Darbyshire was released this month and it has been in my hand every night before I go to sleep. The book consists of letters about “love, heartache, and everything in between.” The letters were sent in by males/females from around the world sharing stories or simple phrases that give you a look inside how others feel about love. I read a few pages a night and each one brings a new surprise. This book is a must read for everyone who is in love with love, or has a cynical outlook on the idea of love.
3. Here are my current obsessions:
- I’ve been loving Trader Joe’s Super Seed & Ancient Grain Blend! This container is 8oz of sprouted buckwheat, sprouted millet, chia seeds, flax seeds, red quinoa, hemp seeds, and amaranth. I put some of this on top of my yogurt or I blend it in my morning smoothie. This grain blend helps me stay fuller longer when I’m at work or running errands during the day. This costs $4.99 and has been a great addition to my every day routine!
4. These are some items I’ve been adding to my everyday outfits:
- A recent pop of color I’ve been loving is tie-dye. I have a few basic t-shirts that I’ve tie-dyed myself, and they’re great for adding a little something to your outfit. A few new items I’ve loved are the new Converse shoes I’ve purchased. I got a pair in maroon and light yellow. The yellow pair is of course my favorite, because yellow!! The color maroon can be paired with so many other colors, I fell in love when I saw them.
5. Here’s some of the music I’ve been listening to:
- This month’s favorite has been Jake Owen. He recently released his record “American Love,” at the end of July. Jake has been a favorite of mine since 2008, when I saw him live with a band called Sugarland. His music has a feel-good summery vibe, and it always picks me up when I need an upbeat tune. Check it out on Spotify (https://open.spotify.com/album/5gsWgFeHRxRkIXGXWPiOIW)!