Hey everyone! I hope you’re having a great Thursday. Today I’m sharing my September favorites!
- The beauty products I’ve been obsessing over :
- The Josie Maran Argan Oil is one of my nighttime routine essentials. It is good for all skin types! It is a 100% natural and organic oil that I use on my face and nails. It helps me keep my skin hydrated through the night without feeling like I have a heavy product sitting on my face. I’ve also noticed a substantial reduction of acne scars on my face. It can be a bit pricey, but worth it if you need a lightweight oil.
- Another oil I’ve been using is the Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil. This product is packed with vitamin E and omega 3, 6, 7, and 9. I also use this on my face and nails. I alternate this oil with the Josie Maran Argan Oil and they seem to be doing the trick! Especially during the dry months, I can always use a little extra something to keep my face hydrated.
2. The piece of literature I’m loving :
- I Wrote This For You and Only You by an anonymous author, pleasefindthis. Each page of this has a short or long poem, accompanied by a beautiful photograph. This book was meant to have a unique impact on anyone who reads it. I find myself thinking for several minutes about what the author is trying to say to me through his haunting, yet comforting thoughts. I highly recommend if you’re looking for a poetry book that also has wonderful visual representations.
3. My current obsession is :
- The Messy Heads blog has been my recent online obsession. The girls that write this blog are insanely talented and filled with so much light. Their content ranges from “adventures” to “style” and “muses.” The uniqueness to their writing has kept me interested for some time now. The goal of their blog is to help you find bits and pieces of yourself while also living and authentic lifestyle. I applaud them for all their hard work and amazing ideas. In case you’re interested – The Messy Heads.
4. An everyday outfit essential for me is :
- I always need my favorite flannels. I’ve had my flannels for a long time now, and I will always find myself grabbing them out of my closet. I keep one in my backpack just in case I get cold during class. You can’t go wrong with a cute flannel! They’re nice to dress down an outfit, while also keeping you stylish. Go out and find a good quality flannel and hold onto it for as long as you can! Trust me.
5. The music I’ve been drooling over :
- Choosing my favorite music this month was really tough yet I narrowed it down to a few. The Head and The Heart just came out with an album, “Signs of Light.” This album is one that I can play all the way through, without skipping any songs. This album is different than ones they’ve released before, but the growth is shining through! I recommend : False Alarm, Dreamer, and I Don’t Mind! Here’s a link to the full album : Signs of Light
- An artist that has grabbed my attention over the past year and a half is Gary Clark Jr. Gary’s guitar and vocal skills are off the charts. His music has a mix of blues, jazz, some r&b, and rock & roll. I saw him live during the summer of 2015, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I’m convinced B.B. King would be proud of Gary for carrying blues through this generation. I totally recommend the live versions of : Things Are Changin’, Bright Lights, Blak And Blu, and Don’t Owe You A Thang. The live versions give you such a better taste of how naturally talented Gary is. He is an absolute symbol of music for this generation. Link to the live album : Gary Clark Jr. Live
I hope you enjoyed this month’s favorites! I will see you all next week 🙂