To follow-up with last week’s post, This Funk, I wanted to share some things I do to pull myself away from stress!
- Pamper – Get up from studying and go take a refreshing shower. Treat yourself by putting on a face mask or a hair mask. You’ll feel more motivated to get your work done when you’re all freshened up.
- Music – We all have an emotional attachment to music. Put on your favorite band or your favorite playlist and that will bring you to your happy place. Here’s an eclectic playlist that I’ve been loving -> here we are
- Write – Take a moment to stop writing on flashcards, pull out a piece of paper, and write down what you’re feeling. I do this because I tend to keep a lot of my feelings to myself and this helps me get all my emotions down on paper. This helps me clear my head of distracting thoughts!
- Friends – Taking a break from studying to spend time with friends can be the best stress reliever. If you go get lunch or take a walk, your mind will be focused on something better than the research paper on which you’ve spent hours working.
- TV – It is okay to take a break to watch tv! You can make dinner while catching up on new episodes of your favorite show. Sticking your brain into a different mindset will keep your brain stimulated.
- Sleep – Make sure you’re getting enough sleep. It’s only hurting you if you spend long days face down in the books instead of getting those substantial hours facedown in your pillow.
- Free – If listening to music, watching tv, or writing isn’t your go-to thing, then go out and enjoy your favorite hobby. Whatever can help you center your thoughts is exactly what you should be doing. That time to collect yourself is key to surviving any kind of a work-loaded week.
I hope you enjoyed some of my tips on how to reduce stress! These work for me and I hope they work for you too. It’s important to take care of yourself while working hard! I’ll see you next week 🙂