Day 27 of 31 : Favorite Recipe
My favorite recipe is simple but delicious! It’s monkey bread that my Yaya taught me how to make. All you need is two packages of Pillsbury biscuits, butter, cinnamon, sugar, and a bundt pan. My Yaya and I have made it so many times, we stopped measuring out the ingredients because you only need enough butter, cinnamon, and sugar to coat the biscuits. This recipe reminds me of when I was younger in my Yaya’s kitchen. I would visit her and we would wake up and make this for breakfast. It has been one of my favorites ever since. It always comes out better when I make it with her! ❤
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bundt pan. Mix about 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of sugar together in a bowl. Melt one stick of butter in a separate bowl. (You might need more but start with these amounts!)
- Take biscuits out of package, cut each one into fourths.
- Take a piece of biscuit, dip it in the melted butter, then roll it in the cinnamon sugar mixture, and layer it in the pan.
- Repeat this with all of the biscuit pieces and stack/spread them evenly throughout the pan.
- If you have extra butter, cinnamon, and sugar, you can mix them together and pour over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown or until biscuits are no longer doughy.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn the pan upside down over a plate and serve!
Have you ever tried monkey bread?
Thanks for reading!