Happy Thursday! Let’s hop right into my list of favorites 🙂
- I’ve been wanting to try out NYX beauty products for months now so I bit the bullet and purchased the “Born To Glow!“ liquid illuminator! I take a very tiny amount onto the back of my hand and mix it in with my foundation. It adds some glow throughout my whole face, without being too glittery or overpowering. There are four different shades to choose from. If you’re looking for a versatile highlighter, this is the one!
- I’m a huge fan of YouTube vloggers (video bloggers) who also share their products and travels on their own website. Reading their blogs is a great addition to their YouTube channel because they share more personal tips and tricks for everyday life. Lauren Elizabeth has been one of my favorite people to follow online. She has a motivating passion for skin care and her healthy lifestyle. Sometimes all we need is to read about someone else’s empowering drive to kickstart our own! Her attention to detail creates a great atmosphere on her website. I always scroll through and check out what she’s been up to. Check out her YouTube page and her newly re-launched website.
- This summer I’ve been getting back into meditation. There are some days when life gets too hectic but we all have those five minutes to sit down, take a deep breath, and tuck away our rambling thoughts. In order to guide me through this technique, I downloaded the app Headspace. When you first download the app, you begin with the “Basics” of meditation for the first 10 days. This is the best way to learn how to focus on your body, breathing, and your thoughts. There are also other categories throughout the app to work on such as; “Health” (anxiety, stress, sleep, depressions), “Brave” (regret, anger, change, restlessness), “Happiness” (self-esteem, relationships, patience, appreciation), and many more! If you don’t want to download the app, you can go to their site and use the same features. If you’re a beginner, someone who just needs some more organized meditation, or a pro, this app is a must have.
- Last month I talked about my favorite faux leather slip ons and I decided to get another pair! These are Dr. Scholl’s Madison Memory Foam Slip On Sneakers. They’re super comfortable with the memory foam on the inside. I love the simplicity of stepping into my shoes and heading out the door.
- I also purchased a pair of beige sandals to go along with the “on-the-go” theme! They’re super comfortable and I can wear them with pretty much anything in my closet.
- My top 10 favorite songs this month!
- Still Beating // Mac Demarco
- take me on // joan
- Live Well // Palace
- I Don’t Wanna End The Night // Prelow
- JETLAG // Shortstraw
- It’s A Trip // Joywave
- Edge of Town // Middle Kids
- Golden Dandelions // Barns Courtney
- Bear Claws // The Academic
- I Don’t Mind // The Head and the Heart
Any new music suggestions?
Thanks for reading!