Scrolling through food videos on Facebook is one of my guilty pleasures. I watch every video that pops up on my feed! Recently, I saw a video on the “Delish” Facebook account about baked cauliflower bites. I was in the mood to cook and I wanted to try out a new “healthy” snack! I’ll provide the ingredients, the recipe, and some photos I took during the cooking process.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Juice of 2 limes (I only had the sweetened lime juice so I used a tsp of it)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Ranch dressing, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour and cauliflower. Toss until fully coated.
- Set up a dredging station: In one bowl, add panko breadcrumbs and in another bowl whisk eggs and add 2 tablespoons water. Dip cauliflower in beaten eggs, then roll in panko until fully coated. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, warm barbecue sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and garlic powder.
- Coat baked cauliflower in sauce and serve with ranch, if desired. (I sadly didn’t have any ranch so I used the mixed barbecue sauce as the dipping sauce!)
Overall, these were a really tasty snack! A little went a long way to keep me full. The only downside is that I didn’t really care for the taste when I had to reheat them later. I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Do you have any healthy snack suggestions I should try?