I’m flattered to say that Kelsey nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I really appreciate the nomination, it’s an honor! 🌞
If you’re unfamiliar with this award, here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
My Answers :
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- The start of my blog was inspired by some personal struggles I was dealing with during my sophomore year of college. I taught myself how to handle what life was throwing at me, and built up my courage to start making the right decisions for myself. As I was learning, I wanted to share my journey with others that might need the extra push to bring more positivity into their own lives. That’s when I created Beyond This Fence!
- What is your favorite piece you’ve ever written?
- My “I Was Thinking” post is one of my all-time favorites. It’s an honest post, analyzing who I was in 2015 to the woman I was at the end of 2016. My mental health improved more than I could have imagined in that year, and it’s rewarding to see how far my hard work has brought me.
- Have you ever been out of the country? If so, where?
- Senior year of high school, my friends and I went to Aruba. I recently went to Ireland with my grandmother, and my family and I usually spend a good amount of time in Canada!
- What is your favorite song at this moment? (You can only choose one).
- Forgive You by Leon Bridges!! My best friend Katie and I are currently obsessed with Leon. We just purchased tickets to his concert for later in the year & I’ve had his music playing non-stop.
- Can you do something that most people cannot? (A hidden talent?)
- This might not be a talent, but I’m very honest individual. It’s always positive honesty, with friends, family, and coworkers. I always speak what’s on my mind, in order to solve problems and be supportive. Even if it’s an unpopular opinion, I think it’s important to talk about how you feel, because your opinion could be a point of view that others never thought of!
- Have you ever fallen in love?
- Yes, with my boyfriend Dylan. I’ve never felt this way about anyone I’ve ever met and I know this is what love should be. It’s hard to put into words, and it’s really special.
- Do you prefer cats or dogs?
- 110% a dog person!
- What is one of your biggest regrets in life?
- This is a hard one, because my biggest regret is not going abroad during college. The only reason why I couldn’t go abroad was because I changed my major halfway through college, which ended up being the best decision of my life. So it’s hard to say that my semester of not going abroad was a regret when it ended up bringing me to my true passion in life.
- Do you have any advice on how to grow my blog?
- I’ve always been shy about promoting my blog and putting myself out there, but that’s what you have to do! You have an outlet that could help someone else, or teach someone something so powerful. Your blog is part of your life, don’t ever be nervous to share it with the world!
- What is your least favorite type of food?
- There’s no category of food I dislike. I just don’t enjoy olives or mushrooms!
- What is your favorite quote?
- “No matter the amount of negativity you’re presented with, five minutes from now could be your best moment” – Mod Sun. This has been my self-moto for a few years now. It reminds me that the negative moments are only temporary, and there’s better ones ahead!
My Questions :
- What is your favorite app on your phone (pick one)?
- Favorite streaming site & what show are you watching now?
- What is your favorite part of the blogging community?
- What are three things you’ve learned while blogging?
- Where is your favorite place to travel to?
- If you could be the main character in any movie, who would you be?
- Who is your biggest influence?
- What is your go-to beverage?
- Where would you go if you could live anywhere?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Still blogging? New job?
- Spirit animal?
Thank you again to Kelsey! I hope you enjoyed reading my answers 🙂